Tuesday, October 03, 2006


Rebranding
Now they've taken our colours
from that burgundy to Tory blue,
So, I have to change my Newfoundland tartan
because they'll want to change that too...
Oh, Here we have party colours
and on my knapsack I'll have to stitch'er,
but it's the first time I ever saw that plant
this time, without the pitcher!
Well, the experts got together
and set out designs on the cabinet table,
a limited target audience,
these were the ones enabled?
How much did they say they paid for that?
For a million they missed the Target,
for a cartoon look and feel
They want to take that to market?
God guard thee Newfoundland and Labrador
from sun-up to sun down,
please change their minds from this look and feel
that looks like something from a clown...
George Murphy

I simply couldn't resist!...The only thing I did like about this was the type of font used. Other than that, the weak link to Labrador and the sick looking Pitcher Plant...and dropping the old Newfoundland and Labrador reddish-ocre colour.Call it burgundy, but I loved it.

1 comment:

Table Mountains said...

george, i copied and pasted that one in the downhomer kitchen.

http://www.downhomer.com/kitchen/posts.php?lastpage=1&id=3674