Numbers show a hike in prices for Thursday
Here's what I have for Thursday price changes this week:
- Heating and stove oils show an increase of 1.66 cents a litre. Remember that the heating oil numbers are thrown off a little because of the use of jet fuel in the winter mix.
- Diesel shows a 1.4 cent a litre increase on the way, and...
- Gasoline shows an increase of 1.3 cents a litre upwards.
Just a few factors of note these last two weeks:
- A drop in refiner capacity down to 80% from the previous weeks 81%.
- A drop in inventories of distillates that includes diesel and all heating fuels. Crude oil and gasolines also showed substantial draws against inventories.
- The Canadian dollar has gained almost two cents against the US greenback, partially insulating consumers from a more substantial increase in prices.
That's it from me!
Regards and Happy New Year!