Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gasoline down but distillates are up
Numbers show little change in prices

Media release

Hi to all...

I'll keep it simple for this week as I am still tied up in my election campaign.

Oil remains steady for now
Considerable worries about European debt and North American economic recovery are overshadowing oil prices this past week as oil prices and their related refined commodities held mostly steady as well.

Debt troubles in Ireland and other Euro nations are putting the emphasis back on US dollars while, at the same time causing an uneasy investment in oil. The trouble here is that if there is turmoil in economic recovery, then the impact on oil demand could be significant and we could see oil prices start to retreat.

It's going to be worth keeping an eye to, if indeed world market recovery comes into question.

Continuing oil work

A lot of people are asking me if I'll keep up my oil work in the event I do get elected. The short answer is "yes" and I will continue to keep the media and consumers informed of any pricing changes as part of the daily routine.

What's in the numbers

Here's what I have for the past week with all the data now in. These changes should come into effect this Thursday morning:

  • Heating and stove oils show an added 1.29 cents per litre.
  • Diesel shows an added 1.9 cents per litre, and...
  • Gasoline shows a decrease of 1.1 cents per litre.


That's it for this week!

Regards,

George Murphy
Group researcher/Member
Consumer Group for Fair Gas Prices

No comments: