Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Numbers, Numbers!

Hi to all,

Here’s what I have for this week’s price changes, keeping in mind that I’m really not sure about the “gas’ number this time around. Last week, I had the numbers down but the PUB numbers showed upwards by 2.8 cents a litre.

Knowing that I had some volatility that I expected to show in prices this week, my number for gasoline does show up, but just by 9/10ths of a cent.

In this regard, because the PUB numbers were up for gasoline, I’m hoping that the “actual” that will happen is an adjustment downwards in prices for consumers this week as refined prices for gasoline has moderated somewhat against what occurred last week. Overall, my numbers over the past two weeks should show an approximate 4/10ths of a cent difference. I’m hoping that the PUB numbers will reflect that.

We’ll see. In other words, no big changes for gasoline numbers this week from me. I have to wait for these numbers for gasoline to come “back in balance”.

Other numbers

Here’s what I have for this week for the distillate fuels:

· Heating and stove oils show a drop by 1.13 cents a litre, and…

· Diesel shows down also by 1.7 cents a litre.

-30-

That’s it for this week!

Regards,

George Murphy

Group researcher/Member

Consumer Group for Fair Gas Prices

Twitter: @GeorgeMurphyNDP



No comments: