Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Numbers show "down" but not by much
With all the data in for this pricing session, here's what I have:
  • Heating and stove oils show a drop of 37/100ths of a cent.
  • Diesel shows down by 7/10ths of a cent, and...
  • Gasoline shows a drop of 9/10ths coming.

Sorry I don't have a lot of news from this side of things. It's been a busy week on this end with other issues popping up and a lot of work besides!

I am also still trying to find sources other than my own pertaining to last week's price change that might show why I was so "off" with the change at the gas pumps. I had upwards movement, but not as substantial as that of the PUB. When I find that info, I'll try to get it to you.

The rest of the numbers came close to perfect, however.

I also have been inundated with emails from the readers out there about the changes to consumer product weights and the prices being charged. I'll have a little more on that topic later the week as I have a little more research to be done. It has become plainly obvious however, that consumers are being hurt by the business practice of "product downsizing".

I'll be back again with more oil news next time, I promise!

Regards,

George Murphy

No comments: