Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Price changes for Thursday, November 8th, 2018


Hi to all,



Here’s what I have for this week’s price changes:



*Heating and stove oils to drop by 3 cents a litre. (3.5 cents)

*Diesel fuel to drop by 3.1 cents a litre (3.3 cents), and...

*Gasoline to drop by 3.8 cents a litre (3.6 cents).



            This is the last week where I will have seven day data ahead of price changes to be put out every Tuesday evening.

            This is the dataset that cost a pricey $635 US a month, the cheapest that I have found. Mind you, they have since offered to discount it 25%. Still pricey!



            Instead, as the second set of data I found is free, I will publish data based on six days data to be published on a Tuesday with a reconciliation for seven days of data later by noon Wednesday via Twitter and Facebook.

           Data basically comes a day later than what I have previously had.

           This week’s price changes shows how close the data can be based on seven days data with six day data in parentheses ().

            Where there are days that we have a “Monday” holiday, it may go on a five-day report with a follow-up based on six days.



             It’s probably the best I can do at this point, but I do hope it works out for those who avail of the information.



             We’ll know more on the accuracy in the next two weeks or so as I can compare price change data with that which will be the actual change that occurs.



Regards, and thanks for your patience!



George Murphy

Twitter @GeorgeMurphyOil

No comments: