Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Forever misunderstood
I just finished reading the rst of the comments section of todays Telegram. The story quotes my last release on the coming drop in most fuel prices. It wasn't the story that got to me, it was the comments by some clampitts after it...
Sometimes it's like beating my head off the wall...
Sometimes there's more sense in a bag of rocks...
I don't know how many times I have to state it categorically that I am not getting paid by anyone for doing what I am doing and there's just no sense in trying to explain why I carry on with what I do. My pay comes in the form of the savings that I make in the run of a year that stays in my pocket because I do track the price changes...
I just do it...
Agaian, I find that there are the doubting Thomas's out there that think I get paid by Danny for what I do. There are those out there that think I am the regulator, but I'm not!
Jesus, I feel like Brian in the Monty Python movie, The Life of Brian!
I am a regular guy who drives a taxi for a living and I track the price of gas and other fuels for the sake of myself and for family. That's where the big interest came from, after someone in the higher eshelons of a Big Oil company told me that it was basically none of my busines why the price of fuel is the price it is on any given day.
I disagreed with him whole heartedly at the time and i still do. The price of fuels is everyone's business and it'll continue to be mine as long as I have my drivers licence.
It bugs me to no ends the fact that someone can do something for nothing and people are held suspect for doing it.
Maybe it's time to take the show on the road and have a good chat with everyone about what I'm at and how I do it.
Think I could get some kind of grant from Big Oil for that?...
Regards,
George

No comments: