Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Numbers don't show interruption, but...
I've been getting a few emails from you all enquiring about the latest numbers I have.
In short, I don't have numbers that would warrant for any fuel interruption at this time, but that doesn't mean that the Public Utilities Board doesn't have them, if that makes any sense.
Here's what I have so far for this period, in which there has been an awful lot of volatility in the markets caused chiefly by the grief the Canadian dollar is experiencing against the US greenback.
  • Stove oils show an allowable .31 cents a litre increase from the current price. In other words, just slightly up about 3/10ths of a cent. That may be pointing the way of heating oils.
  • Diesel shows an allowable of .47 cents a litre, just a little less than a half cent a litre up at the pumps.
  • Gasoline shows an allowable increase of 3.61 plus taxes, a rough 4.1 cents a litre at the pumps. The interrupter formula works whenever there is a four cent a litre disparity in prices (before taxes). My allowable margin for error calls for a difference of 3/10ths of a cent when I take a measurement.In other words, I'm about a tenth of a cent out from what could happen.

There's a small difference here that I can't account for in the numbers. I really don't know what the PUB has in the numbers but, I do know two things: that there was an awful lot of turmoil at the start of this session that MAY have been picked up by the board and not by myself. I can't say that there is not going to be an increase in gasoline pricing this Thursday, but, then again, I really can't say that there will be either. Secondly, the drop in the dollar has cost the consumer almost two cents a litre (taxes in) when compared to last Wednesday's spot price on the markets. In turn, the Canadian dollar has lost almost four cents against the US dollar this past week.

I think I'll be filling up on Wednesday night just in case...

Hope this helps?

Regards,

George

No comments: