Saturday, April 04, 2009

Prices still up
Twelve day average numbers show increases
Just to keep everyone in tune as there seems to be some delays with the auto emailer at times, this is just to give everyone the heads up.
Here's what I have so far, 12 days data out of 14 and five of seven for the diesel numbers...
  • Stove oils up by 3.26 cents a litre. This may be an indicator of where heating oil will be going on Thursday.
  • Gasoline shows 2.1 cents a litre upwards for Thursday so far.
  • Diesel shows no increase according to my numbers. I have a problem here though. My base average for diesel before interruption this past Thursday showed an allowable increase of 3.6 cents a litre, just outside the requirements for interruption. I explained then that I couldn't account for any market volitility. As it turned out, prices did interrupt by 5.4 cents so, I know this is way out of line. If my numbers were indeed wrong, I expect the PUB to drop diesel again by the difference of 1.8 cents a litre. My averages on paper here are showing neither increase or decrease. I hope that makes some sense?;)

Anyways, as soon as I have some more numbers for the days up to this Wednesday, I'll be posting here again with the final tally.

Final word. I'm off to Corner Brook and Stephenville next week from Thursday, April 9th to the following Tuesday, April 14th and I'm leaving the computer well away from me for a little break. I will be checking on numbers that Tuesday night and posting any possible changes (it is an interruption week) late that night so, look for my posting Wednesday morning when you rise!

Regards,

George

No comments: