Monday, January 04, 2010

Another day, another number...

Wow!

A lot of email from people asking me what is in the works for this weeks price change, if there is going to be one! After all, this would be an interruption week if prices do change.

Here's what I have so far with the fuels I measure:

  • Heating and stove oils show an increase of 3.37 cents a litre.
  • Diesel shows an increase of 3.4 cents a litre, and...
  • Gasoline shows an added 2.95 cents, not inclusive of taxes.

Here's what I'm looking for.

For the interrupter process to work, we have to have a movement of four cents a litre over (or below) what the last average for the previous price setting. In this case, when numbers were set last week, and we saw a new retail price for the fuels covered, the six days measure so far are still below what is required. The problem here is that we have one more business day to go to allow for the "calling the shot".

The numbers may not be there right now but, after tomorrow's business day, the average for the fuels I measure could very well be in interrupter territory and we could be looking at possible increases to consumers come Thursday morning.

Look for another posting tomorrow night, and remember: when I publish my numbers, I also work on a margin of error of three tenths of a point. If my numbers are greater than 3.7 cents a litre showing, you might want to get your fill just in case.

As well, don't forget to vote for your favorite blog at the Newfoundland and Labrador blogroll!

Regards,

George

No comments: