Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Numbers are down, but...

Most numbers are showing in the downwards direction but the problem here now is that they aren't down enough to warrant interruption.

Or, that is, I don't think so...

Here's what I have so far, and then I'll try and explain things.
  • Heating and stove oils show "down" by 3.45 cents per litre.
  • Diesel is down by 3.44 cents, and...
  • Gasoline shows "down" by 1.54 cents.

Here's the hook to all this:

While the heating oil number shows down by 3.45 cents per litre, we have to remember that we're also dealing with jet fuel in the mix. If that number is also down and we were able to account for it, we may very well be in interrupt territory if the jet fuel number slipped down far enough.

Problem is, I have no access to that number.

You may be well advised to hold off on buying any heating oil until after Thursday, just in case it is down further than what I have listed for heating oil itself...

Remember, that I can only use the heating oil as a rough indicator, that is, until the winter heating season ends.

Hope this all helps!

Regards,

George

No comments: