Top ten reasons why Harper will not form the next government and not win seats in Newfoundland and Labrador
10) He may be the Prime Minister, but he still “just doesn't get it”...
9) More cuts to government departments like Fisheries, ACOA and Marine Atlantic, just when we need those departments and agencies the most
8) Senate and/or plum appointments for M.P's who fell on the sword, or who have made sacrifices for Steve
7) Lack of a commitment for loan guarantees for the Lower Churchill project. They foot-drag on every issue pertinent to the province.
6) Not giving to veterans what they deserve after serving this country!
5) Bev Ota and Bruce Carson! Losing the confidence of the House certainly doesn't help, and when you hear about the constant skullduggery, the voters want the chance to say “I've have had enough!!”
4) Not paying enough attention to “people issues”, like the tax on heat, screwing with the GIS, and failing to address changes needed to the Canada Pension Plan. In a time when the government is projecting to be out of debt sooner rather than later, and also making billions in Newfoundland and Labrador oil revenues, it's time for strategic investment in looking after your people!
3) Failing to get a seat on the UN security council for what, the ninth year in a row, is it?
2) Canadian taxpayers just don't have the urge to spend $35 billion for US fighter jets that could face a couple of billion in cost over-runs.
...And the number one reason why Harper will not win a seat in Newfoundland and Labrador in the next federal election?
(Place drum roll here)...
#1) Newfoundland and Labrador continuously getting screwed on the Atlantic Accord. Harper still hasn't fixed it. And, while you're at it, how about that 8.5 per cent Hibernia stake?
That's it from me!....
I could have added a few more things, like treatment of Canadian protesters at the G-20 summit in Toronto, the billion dollars that was spent, the artificial fish pond, etc, but it's your turn now!